Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Twice" - Little Dragon

My friend Alicia recently said, "I often hear people say that there is no good music out today. That's only true if you're listening solely to FM radio. You may have to dig, but well-crafted, heart-skipping, soulful, original, thoughtful, sexy, foot-thumping, emotion-provoking, head-nodding music is definitely out there! To say it doesn't exist is outrageous, in my opinion". Her suggestion to check out Little Dragon most certainly backs up this statement. A vehicle for the haunting vocals of Swedish-Japanese singer Yukimi Nagano,the groups music is ultra-hybrid blend of acoustic jazz, soul, hip hop, & synth-heavy rhythm and blues. "Twice" is a fantastic example of how Little Dragon can fuse these influences into a passionate, finely crafted, intriguing piece of music. Sit back and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. "F*%$ this rap sh*t, I listen to classical!" (RIP Baatin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My buddy Chris just wrote this to me:

    The track on your blog reminded me a lot of Outkast's Liberation

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBflT2bMR3Q

    ReplyDelete