Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"Block After Block" & "Yeah Yeah" - Matt and Kim

Another great rec from my buddy Erin. Way to go, man. Thanks for the dose of levity to my day. Matt and Kim are a dance-punk duo from NYC. Though I have just heard of them myself, they have been around since '98 and have three choice albums out. As you can tell from the wide and toothy grins that seem perpetually smacked onto their faces, Matt and Kim really appear to be enjoying themselves. Their videos certainly convey as much. They seem to go with schemes that resemble ideas I used to have a pre-teen. You know, the ones you roll your eyes at now because you are too "mature" to do that sort of thing anymore (but you secretly know would be a freakin' BLAST! Like having a food fight like in "Yeah Yeah" or playing tag through New York). Anyways, their music is peppy, their videos are fun to watch. Not a bad thing for a rainy Tuesday afternoon. P.S. Both my pre-teen self and current self would have a serious thing for Kim. So. Damn. Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment