Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sweden is so hot right now....




I don't know if you all have heard, but Sweden is killing it right now. I was just reminded of this thanks to a preview for the American version of Steig Larson's Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, due out next month. First, it reminded me of how fantastic the original Swedish-language trilogy was. The American version does look pretty sweet. But I highly recommend you all catch the original first (available on Netflix) because I seriously doubt the American Lisbeth could be half as awesome as the bad-ass Noomi Rapace you see pictured above.

The Millenium Trilogy novels/films are not the only awesome entertainment sensation coming out of the little Nordic powerhouse. There are the amazing Wallander mysteries, recently turned into great mini-movies for PBS's Masterpiece Mystery series. More pertinent to this blog, however, is killer music being produced by the likes of the dance-pop goddess Robyn, the indie pop band Miike Snow, and the quirky-yet-enchanting Lykee Li. I put together a few of my favorites from these artists below for you all to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment