Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Album Preview::Common - "The Dreamer/The Believer"


Just caught a first glimpse of two tracks off of Common's new upcoming album, The Dreamer, the Believer, due out on December 20th, 2011. Produced by No I.D., the album unveils a fresh electronica-fueled feel to back up Common's artistic flow, and includes guest appearances by two legendary poets, Nas and Maya Angelou. Below you will find videos for "Blue Sky", "So Sweet", and a behind the scenes promo video of the album photo-shoot.

"So Sweet" (filmed in Haiti) was originally only made available online with a $1 donation to J/P Haitian Relief Organization. It's now available for free, but Common continues to raise money to support relief efforts in Haiti.



Maya Angelou on Common:

“I wanted to speak about Common, who is extremely uncommon. When I first heard him, I knew he was rare. I thought, my goodness, this young man…hello. So good, so talented, well raised. When I met his mother, I understood much. I will always support him. I know that I stand on the shoulders of great men and women. And I know there are young men and women who stand upon my shoulders” - Maya Angelou

Seriously. Is there anything this guy does that isn't awesome? Loved by Maya Angelou? Raising money for Haiti? New album? Oh, and he just released a new autobiography, "One Day it Will all Make Sense", that is a New York Times Bestseller. Sick. And the ladies love him. Read why you should too here.




1 comment: