Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I really like it when Rihanna keeps her clothes on...kinda.


Were any of you as pleasantly surprised as I was with Rihanna's performance at the Grammy's the other night? Don't get me wrong, I love me some Ri Ri, and I think she is a stunningly beautiful woman, but usually her performances are over produced and over sexualized. I always chalked this up to a need to cover up her limited vocal and dancing talent... Anyways, I was thoroughly impressed with her performance of "Stay", a duet with the writer of the track, Mikky Ekko. It was a simple, beautiful, and emotional performance that actually brought the focus onto Rihanna's singing talent rather than her ability to wear little clothing. After watching the show I went and looked up the official video for the song. It is basically 4 minutes of Rihanna sloshing around naked in a bathtub looking sad. Ha! Awesome. Regardless, the performance was lovely, and I think the video is extremely...easy to watch. Only because of the singing. The singing!

(and the nakedness) Check both out below.


No comments:

Post a Comment