Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

55th Grammy's Playlist


In honor of the 55th Grammy celebration this evening I have pulled together 12 picks I think deserve a little metal gramophone. Check 'em out.



1. Album of the Year: Great competition for this one, but I expect Frank Ocean will win this one easily for Channel Orange. Check out 'Thinking About You' in our playlist.

2. Record of the Year: Ocean will likely win this one too, but I love 'Lonely Boy' by the Black Keys. The video is amazing. It's like my wife choreographed the whole thing with her amazing 'go-to' moves...

3. Best New Artist: Frank Ocean should and will win this award. My vote for 2nd place is for the Alabama Shakes, hands down. Seriously awesome old school rock/blues greatness from Athens, Alabama. You probably have all heard 'Hold On', but if not check out the bad-ass Brittany Howard on vocals and guitar.

4. Song of the Year: Miguel. "Adorn You". The other songs infuriate me.

5. Best Dance Recording: Avicii's, "Levels" makes me jump up and down uncontrollably. And the desk humping office dude in the video is a amazing. Enjoy.

6. Best Rock Song: 'Lonely Boy' will probably win this, but just for sake of variation, my 2nd place vote is for Muse's 'Madness'.

7. Best Rock Album: Again, it will be hard to top The Black Keys, but if anyone is gonna do it, I hope it is Jack White, for his album Blunderbuss. Here you will see 'I'm Shakin', my favorites song from that album.

8. Best Blues Album: Joan Osborne is a baller. Her album, Bring it on Home is my pick for this category, especially due to the song 'Shake Your Hips'.

9. Best Rap Song: 'N--ars in Paris' is Shannon's current pump-up tune. It really is a pretty awesome song for just before any recreational athletic activity. It gets the people goin!

10. Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: Okay, this is a lame category, but I just realized that Nas put out a song featuring Amy Winehouse! Whaaa? I am annoyed I just heard about this. 'Cherry Wine' is a really chilled out something special. I miss Amy Winehouse.

11. Best Rap Album: Undun by the Roots is a masterpiece. If you don't have it you should put it on your 'must have' list. Check out the track 'Make My' feat. Big KRIT.

12. Best Traditional R&B Performance: I can't believe people were actually talking shit about Beyonce's talent after she sang along with a pre-recorded track at the inauguration. I mean seriously. What was that about? Watch a live version of "Love on Top" here. She is like Michael Jackson and Diana Ross in one package. Talent.Out.The.Ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment